Saturday 18 June 2016

Sunlight on Rockpools

The Giant Hexie quilt is finished and reminds me of sunlight on rockpools.



I agonised over how to quilt this one and in the end decided on free form wavy lines. 
 The wavy lines resemble sunlight on shallow water. At least that is how I see it. I am liking the look and loved the lack of the need for precision. As long as I could keep them fairly well lined up across the quilt it was looking ok.





The top red fabric in the picture above is a hand dyed fabric by Lisa Walton of Dyed & Gone to Heaven. I love the little bit of iridescence.  

2016 FAL


The backing is 'Blast Off' by Connecting Threads. This quilt measures 83 x 64 inches and was on my Quarter 2 Finish Along list. I am happy to tick another item off that list.



As it is a 21st present and will be a surprise also I hope it is well received.
The final photo is of my son saying 'Are we done now, isn't that enough?'




Linking up with finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts.

Happy stitching
Jenell

2 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous! The quilting definitely gives it texture but doesn't distract from the geometry of the quilt. I really love this quilt. Great work. I'm sure it will be a well-love present. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely! So unique and striking. I'm visiting on behalf of the FAL hosting team - thanks so much for joining us in the FAL!

    ReplyDelete